Monday, December 5, 2011

Crabtree Commons Project

Here are some select pages out of the Crabtree Commons project. We created a commons area within a cottage community that had to have doors to past and present, windows to the future, peace talk tables, and other crunchy stuff. I spent a lot of time looking into sacred geometry and fractals, the vast majority of which didn't make it into the final cut. Fractals were fractaling everywhere on this one and it quickly became time to execute. Nevertheless, I am excited to apply what I learned in the future. Also I feel like Sketchup and I finally really bonded. We had a long talk, I learned her likes and dislikes, and I think I know how to treat her  right in the future.

This was a difficult project for me. While I had a few minor aha moments (the viewing pavilion/hammock), I never reached the grandiose Aha! that I think we all strive for. I would love to hear all of your comments on this project, or if you feel you reached an Aha! in your own projects.



 




 









No comments:

Post a Comment